Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    Alabama
      County: 
    Jefferson County
      Zips: 
    35261
    35283
    35297
    35288
    35123
    35142
    35219
    35232
    35255
    35259
    35266
    35139
    35021
    35202
    35285
    35220
    35231
    35254
    35260
    35253
    35036
    35060
    35238
    35201
    35048
    35022
    35118
    35214
    35229
    35091
    35249
    35243
    35226
    35061
    35118
    35006
    35020
    35116
    35294
    35221
    35073
    35224
    35228
    35117
    35228
    35127
    35062
    35005
    35213
    35215
    35218
    35234
    35207
    35226
    35023
    35068
    35216
    35064
    35180
    35212
    35213
    35208
    35214
    35226
    35023
    35204
    35223
    35206
    35126
    35210
    35217
    35210
    35223
    35243
    35094
    35215
    35222
    35216
    35244
    35071
    35211
    35216
    35022
    35235
    35209
    35173
    35020
    35243
    35244
    35205
    35233
    35209
    35203
      Coordinates: 
    33.55432791810184, -86.89639789335479
      Area total: 
    1124.10 sq. mi., 2911.40 sq. km, 719422.72 acres
      Area land: 
    1111.42 sq. mi., 2878.55 sq. km, 711305.60 acres
      Area water: 
    12.68 sq. mi., 32.85 sq. km, 8117.12 acres
      Established: 
    1819
      Capital seat: 

    Birmingham
    Address: 716 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd North
    County Courthouse
    Birmingham, AL 35203-0100
    Governing Body: Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jefferson County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    674,721; Population change: 2.47% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    607 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,837
      Households: 
    266,750
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 315,957 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $41.36 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of Alabama of 431,493 residents in 1930 has increased 1,56-fold to 674,721 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.55% female residents and 47.45% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.93% in Jefferson County, Alabama are married and the remaining 46.07% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.93% in Jefferson County, Alabama are married and the remaining 46.07% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    307,927 residential units of which 89.21% share occupied residential units.

    26.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.24% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.34% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.00% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.90% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, Alabama 59.39% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.95% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.67% are vacant.

  • The 57.94% of the population in Jefferson County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.070%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.150%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, Alabama.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Willow Ridge Golf Club

17000 Willow Ridge Trail, Fort Wayne, IN 46845

Golf City LLC

605 NJ-35, Neptune City, New Jersey 07753

Council Fire

100 Council Fire Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37421

Lakelands Carts

2782 hwy 72 east, Abbeville, SC 29620

Augusta ATV

16 Rest Master Ln, North Augusta, SC 29860

Landscape of Alabama