Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Desha County

  •   State: 
    Arkansas
      County: 
    Desha County
      Zips: 
    71666
    71662
    72379
    71674
    71630
    71670
    71654
    71639
      Coordinates: 
    33.83098096116192, -91.25497256237068
      Area total: 
    819.52 sq. mi., 2122.55 sq. km, 524492.80 acres
      Area land: 
    768.14 sq. mi., 1989.46 sq. km, 491606.40 acres
      Area water: 
    51.39 sq. mi., 133.09 sq. km, 32886.40 acres
      Established: 
    1838
      Capital seat: 

    Arkansas City
    Address: PO BOX 188
    County Courthouse
    Arkansas City, AR 71630-0188
    Governing Body: Quorum Court with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Desha County, Arkansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    11,395; Population change: -12.40% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    15 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $27,932
      Households: 
    5,465
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.00% per 5,321 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    10.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $561.50 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Desha County's population of Arkansas of 21,814 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,52-fold to 11,395 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 53.38% female residents and 46.62% male residents live in as of 2020, 52.76% in Desha County, Arkansas are married and the remaining 47.24% are single population.

    As of 2020, 52.76% in Desha County, Arkansas are married and the remaining 47.24% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    5,795 residential units of which 84.40% share occupied residential units.

    20.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Desha County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.57% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 18.10% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool and 2.64% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Desha County, Arkansas 52.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.82% are rented apartments, and the remaining 17.64% are vacant.

  • The 61.57% of the population in Desha County, Arkansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.730%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.920%) of those eligible to vote in Desha County, Arkansas.

Skyline of Desha County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Hidden Lakes Golf Club

35 Fairgreen Ave, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Cart Man

2921 E Miraloma Ave #13th, Anaheim, CA 92806

Tee'n Tee Golfland

23 Bridgton Rd, Westbrook, ME 04092

Crown Hill Golf Club

9500 US-22, Williamsport, OH 43164

Smitty's Golf Cars Inc

4601 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35222

Landscape of Arkansas