Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Monroe County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Monroe County
      Zips: 
    33052
    33045
    33042
    33041
    33042
    33042
    33040
    33001
    33051
    33042
    33042
    33043
    33040
    33070
    33036
    33050
    33037
    33040
      Coordinates: 
    25.039136411017893, -81.3641910041333
      Area total: 
    3737.23 sq. mi., 9679.38 sq. km, 2391827.84 acres
      Area land: 
    983.03 sq. mi., 2546.03 sq. km, 629138.56 acres
      Area water: 
    2754.20 sq. mi., 7133.35 sq. km, 1762689.28 acres
      Established: 
    1823
      Capital seat: 

    Key West
    Address: 1100 Simonton St
    Key West, FL 33040-3110
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Monroe County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    82,874; Population change: 13.39% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    84 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $60,305
      Households: 
    28,136
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 44,755 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.50%
      GDP: 
    $4.52 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Monroe County's population of Florida of 9,375 residents in 1930 has increased 9,64-fold to 90,352 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.55% female residents and 49.45% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.82% in Monroe County, Florida are married and the remaining 34.18% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.82% in Monroe County, Florida are married and the remaining 34.18% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    53,961 residential units of which 67.52% share occupied residential units.

    20.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Monroe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    67.36% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.18% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.01% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.97% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Monroe County, Florida 39.85% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.37% are rented apartments, and the remaining 36.77% are vacant.

  • The 28.47% of the population in Monroe County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.860%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.750%) of those eligible to vote in Monroe County, Florida.

Skyline of Monroe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

The Golf Club at Rancho California

39500 Robert Trent Jones Pkwy, Murrieta, CA 92563

Enumclaw Men's Golf Club

45220 288th Ave SE, Enumclaw, WA 98022

2 Putt Golf

W5140 Co Rd O, Plymouth, WI 53073

Ladd's

162 Feather Ln, Canton, MS 39046

Lancaster Indoor Golf and Training Center

1400 Manheim Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601

Landscape of Florida