Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sarasota County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Sarasota County
      Zips: 
    34284
    34272
    34249
    34290
    34284
    34274
    34230
    34276
    34277
    34291
    34242
    34275
    34240
    34289
    34288
    34286
    34242
    34241
    34235
    34229
    34228
    34292
    34238
    34287
    34275
    34293
    34234
    34223
    34237
    34240
    34232
    34233
    34239
    34231
    34285
    34236
      Coordinates: 
    27.180770382449488, -82.43413867057
      Area total: 
    725.28 sq. mi., 1878.48 sq. km, 464181.76 acres
      Area land: 
    555.99 sq. mi., 1440.00 sq. km, 355831.04 acres
      Area water: 
    169.30 sq. mi., 438.48 sq. km, 108350.72 acres
      Established: 
    1921
      Capital seat: 

    Sarasota
    Address: 1660 Ringling Blvd
    Sarasota, FL 34236-6808
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Sarasota County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    434,006; Population change: 14.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    781 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,754
      Households: 
    162,656
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.80% per 184,464 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $18.38 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sarasota County's population of Florida of 18,735 residents in 1930 has increased 25,13-fold to 470,856 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.64% female residents and 49.36% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.13% in Sarasota County, Florida are married and the remaining 40.87% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.13% in Sarasota County, Florida are married and the remaining 40.87% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    253,231 residential units of which 79.06% share occupied residential units.

    24.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Sarasota County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.67% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.41% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.71% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.53% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sarasota County, Florida 64.52% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.63% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.85% are vacant.

  • The 45.28% of the population in Sarasota County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.470%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.370%) of those eligible to vote in Sarasota County, Florida.

Skyline of Sarasota County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Burning Tree Club

8600 Burdette Rd, Bethesda, MD 20817

Maui Golf Shop - Kihei

115 E Lipoa St Unit 106, Kihei, HI 96753

Munoscong Golf Club-Club House

141 E 22 Mile Rd, Pickford, MI 49774

Evertan Golf International

14525 Valley View Ave c, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Shawnee Country Club

1700 Shawnee Rd, Lima, OH 45805

Landscape of Florida