Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Adams County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Adams County
      Zips: 
    46769
    46780
    46782
    46772
    46740
    46711
    46733
      Coordinates: 
    40.745659792699655, -84.936654760845
      Area total: 
    339.97 sq. mi., 880.51 sq. km, 217578.24 acres
      Area land: 
    338.93 sq. mi., 877.82 sq. km, 216912.64 acres
      Area water: 
    1.04 sq. mi., 2.69 sq. km, 665.60 acres
      Established: 
    1835
      Capital seat: 

    Decatur
    Address: 313 W Jefferson Street
    County Courthouse
    Decatur, IN
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Adams County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    35,809; Population change: 4.14% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    106 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,350
      Households: 
    138,412
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.60% per 16,771 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.52%
      GDP: 
    $1.69 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Adams County's population of Indiana of 146,743 residents in 1930 has increased 2,63-fold to 385,410 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.86% female residents and 49.14% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.02% in Adams County, Indiana are married and the remaining 41.98% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.02% in Adams County, Indiana are married and the remaining 41.98% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,172 residential units of which 94.03% share occupied residential units.

    23.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Adams County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.77% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.11% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.79% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Adams County, Indiana 72.01% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.20% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.78% are vacant.

  • The 60.25% of the population in Adams County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.190%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.470%) of those eligible to vote in Adams County, Indiana.

Skyline of Adams County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Quail Hollow Club

3700 Gleneagles Rd, Charlotte, NC 28210

Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club

8300 NW 31st Lane Rd, Ocala, FL 34482

Perceptive Golfing

1201 W Peachtree St NW Ste 2300, Atlanta, GA 30309

The Heritage at Marion Country Club

629 S Blackburn St, Marion, KY 42064

Hernando Golf & Racquet Club

1000 Bradley Dr, Hernando, MS 38632

Landscape of Indiana