Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cerro Gordo County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Cerro Gordo County
      Zips: 
    50402
    50467
    50464
    50433
    50457
    50477
    50479
    50482
    50469
    50428
    50401
      Coordinates: 
    43.08155775414404, -93.26081863366568
      Area total: 
    575.12 sq. mi., 1489.55 sq. km, 368075.52 acres
      Area land: 
    568.30 sq. mi., 1471.89 sq. km, 363712.00 acres
      Area water: 
    6.82 sq. mi., 17.66 sq. km, 4363.52 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Mason City
    Address: 220 N Washington Ave
    County Courthouse
    Mason City, IA 50401-3254
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Cerro Gordo County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    43,127; Population change: -2.32% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    76 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,436
      Households: 
    4,866
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.20% per 23,096 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $2.40 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cerro Gordo County's population of Iowa of 18,737 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,62-fold to 11,658 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.70% female residents and 49.30% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.64% in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa are married and the remaining 37.36% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.64% in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa are married and the remaining 37.36% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    22,603 residential units of which 85.05% share occupied residential units.

    16.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Cerro Gordo County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.13% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.49% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.14% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.84% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa 61.63% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.27% are rented apartments, and the remaining 14.11% are vacant.

  • The 64.29% of the population in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.830%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 59.670%) of those eligible to vote in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa.

Skyline of Cerro Gordo County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

The Summit Club

10775 Smt Clb Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89135

Kinzua Hills Golf Club

21467 Hoover Creek Rd, Fossil, OR 97830

Pinemeadow Golf

6710 SW McEwan Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97035

Ott Knott Golf Carts

4508 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212

Pin Oak Pub & Links

2266 185th Ave, Manchester, IA 52057

Landscape of Iowa