Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Franklin County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Franklin County
      Zips: 
    50427
    50041
    50431
    50420
    50633
    50452
    50475
    50441
      Coordinates: 
    42.732545425998936, -93.2624743355758
      Area total: 
    582.52 sq. mi., 1508.73 sq. km, 372815.36 acres
      Area land: 
    581.97 sq. mi., 1507.30 sq. km, 372462.08 acres
      Area water: 
    0.55 sq. mi., 1.43 sq. km, 353.28 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Hampton
    Address: PO BOX 26
    County Courthouse
    Hampton, IA 50441-0026
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Franklin County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    10,019; Population change: -6.19% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    17 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,312
      Households: 
    3,047
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.80% per 5,597 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $644.02 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Franklin County's population of Iowa of 15,533 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,43-fold to 6,605 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.91% female residents and 50.09% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.74% in Franklin County, Iowa are married and the remaining 35.26% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.74% in Franklin County, Iowa are married and the remaining 35.26% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    4,656 residential units of which 88.94% share occupied residential units.

    19.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Franklin County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.07% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.35% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.25% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 10.67% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Franklin County, Iowa 68.05% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.67% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.28% are vacant.

  • The 73.34% of the population in Franklin County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.570%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.010%) of those eligible to vote in Franklin County, Iowa.

Skyline of Franklin County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Lakewood Golf Club

5910 Lakewood Dr, Fairhope, AL 36532

The Club at Venetian Bay

63 Airport Rd, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Maples Golf Club

31260 Wakefield Dr, Novi, MI 48377

Loop Ventures LLC

241 W Federal St, Youngstown, OH 44503

Crowfield Golf Club

300 Hamlet Cir, Goose Creek, SC 29445

Landscape of Iowa