Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Shawnee County

  •   State: 
    Kansas
      County: 
    Shawnee County
      Zips: 
    66420
    66667
    66675
    66624
    66629
    66620
    66636
    66601
    66683
    66621
    66622
    66546
    66402
    66409
    66539
    66542
    66533
    66616
    66610
    66619
    66617
    66615
    66607
    66605
    66618
    66609
    66608
    66611
    66612
    66603
    66606
    66614
    66604
      Coordinates: 
    39.04151372812177, -95.75653432216373
      Area total: 
    555.73 sq. mi., 1439.33 sq. km, 355667.20 acres
      Area land: 
    544.02 sq. mi., 1409.01 sq. km, 348174.72 acres
      Area water: 
    11.71 sq. mi., 30.32 sq. km, 7492.48 acres
      Established: 
    1855
      Capital seat: 

    Topeka
    Address: 200 Se 7Th St
    County Courthouse
    Topeka, KS 66603-3922
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Shawnee County, Kansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    178,909; Population change: 0.55% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    328.9 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,565
      Households: 
    1,002
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.90% per 91,343 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.45%
      Income taxes: 
    6.45%
      GDP: 
    $9.38 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Shawnee County's population of Kansas of 6,038 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,41-fold to 2,447 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.92% female residents and 49.08% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.49% in Shawnee County, Kansas are married and the remaining 32.51% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.49% in Shawnee County, Kansas are married and the remaining 32.51% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    80,512 residential units of which 91.23% share occupied residential units.

    20.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Shawnee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.96% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.21% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.88% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Shawnee County, Kansas 62.74% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.31% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.95% are vacant.

  • The 44.93% of the population in Shawnee County, Kansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.050%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.770%) of those eligible to vote in Shawnee County, Kansas.

Skyline of Shawnee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Willow Run Golf Course

4103 W Lake Rd, Mayville, NY 14757

Hidden Valley Golf Course

10501 Pine Lake Rd, Lincoln, NE 68526

Golf Galaxy

10885 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77042

Willow Run Country Club

940 E Fayette St, Denver, IA 50622

Sapelo Hammock Golf Club

1354 Marshview Dr NE, Shellman Bluff, GA 31331

Landscape of Kansas