Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Calcasieu Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Calcasieu Parish
      Zips: 
    70616
    70606
    70609
    70664
    70602
    70646
    70630
    70661
    70611
    70629
    70647
    70668
    70633
    70611
    70669
    70665
    70615
    70607
    70663
    70605
    70601
      Coordinates: 
    30.229293603952563, -93.35800495254686
      Area total: 
    1094.27 sq. mi., 2834.15 sq. km, 700332.80 acres
      Area land: 
    1064.15 sq. mi., 2756.14 sq. km, 681057.92 acres
      Area water: 
    30.12 sq. mi., 78.00 sq. km, 19274.88 acres
      Established: 
    1840
      Capital seat: 

    Lake Charles
    Address: PO BOX 3287
    Parish Courthouse
    Lake Charles, LA 70602-3287
    Governing Body: Police Jury with 15 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    216,785; Population change: 12.46% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    204 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,343
      Households: 
    3,983
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.00% per 98,110 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $15.72 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Calcasieu Parish's population of Louisiana of 10,430 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,92-fold to 9,645 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.26% female residents and 50.74% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.57% in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 39.43% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.57% in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 39.43% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    93,232 residential units of which 89.95% share occupied residential units.

    21.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Calcasieu Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.14% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.98% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.40% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.72% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana 64.12% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.52% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.35% are vacant.

  • The 63.54% of the population in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.430%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.820%) of those eligible to vote in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Calcasieu Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Golf Scoreboard Co

336 Green Valley Rd, Ellenburg Depot, NY 12935

Gray's Golf Cars

408 S Main St, Stanley, ND 58784

Cambridge Golf Club Maintenance

801 Schroeder Rd, Evansville, IN 47725

Spring Valley Lake Country Club

13229 Spring Valley Pkwy, Victorville, CA 92395

Buffalo Ridge Disc Golf Course

19250 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85024

Landscape of Louisiana