Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Dorchester County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Dorchester County
      Zips: 
    21627
    21627
    21675
    21672
    21626
    21648
    21835
    21669
    21677
    21634
    21664
    21622
    21659
    21869
    21631
    21643
    21613
      Coordinates: 
    38.422608095310856, -76.08332535258604
      Area total: 
    982.99 sq. mi., 2545.93 sq. km, 629112.32 acres
      Area land: 
    540.77 sq. mi., 1400.57 sq. km, 346089.60 acres
      Area water: 
    442.22 sq. mi., 1145.35 sq. km, 283022.72 acres
      Established: 
    1668
      Capital seat: 

    Cambridge
    Address: 829 Fieldcrest Rd.
    County Office Building
    Cambridge, MD
    Governing Body: County Council with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Dorchester County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    32,531; Population change: -0.27% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    60.13 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,530
      Households: 
    13,646
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.70% per 15,990 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.37%
      GDP: 
    $1.27 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Dorchester County's population of Maryland of 26,813 residents in 1930 has increased 1,21-fold to 32,531 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.62% female residents and 47.38% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.22% in Dorchester County, Maryland are married and the remaining 43.78% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.22% in Dorchester County, Maryland are married and the remaining 43.78% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    16,383 residential units of which 83.75% share occupied residential units.

    26.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Dorchester County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.63% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.77% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.05% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.65% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Dorchester County, Maryland 58.06% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.20% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.75% are vacant.

  • The 40.39% of the population in Dorchester County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.480%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.250%) of those eligible to vote in Dorchester County, Maryland.

Skyline of Dorchester County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Nevada Bob's

1315 Bluff City Hwy, Bristol, TN 37620

Trident Enterprises Inc

273 Overholt Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Golf Car Connection

1746 State Hwy 87, Port Bolivar, TX 77650

Aike Golf Balls

2999 W Spencer St, Appleton, WI 54914

Ivy Hill Golf Club

1148 Ivy Hill Dr, Forest, VA 24551

Landscape of Maryland