Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Nantucket County

  •   State: 
    Massachusetts
      County: 
    Nantucket County
      Zips: 
    02584
    02564
    02554
      Coordinates: 
    41.301240611537594, -70.12811316999479
      Area total: 
    303.66 sq. mi., 786.46 sq. km, 194339.20 acres
      Area land: 
    46.17 sq. mi., 119.57 sq. km, 29545.60 acres
      Area water: 
    257.49 sq. mi., 666.90 sq. km, 164793.60 acres
      Established: 
    1695
      Capital seat: 

    Nantucket
    Address: 16 Broad St
    Town & County Building
    Nantucket, MA 02554-3500
    Governing Body: Board of Selectmen with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Nantucket County, Massachusetts, United States

  •   Population: 
    14,255; Population change: 40.14% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    308.6 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $68,498
      Households: 
    4,115
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.30% per 7,664 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $2.05 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Nantucket County's population of Massachusetts of 3,678 residents in 1930 has increased 3,88-fold to 14,255 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.99% female residents and 51.01% male residents live in as of 2020, 50.07% in Nantucket County, Massachusetts are married and the remaining 49.93% are single population.

    As of 2020, 50.07% in Nantucket County, Massachusetts are married and the remaining 49.93% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,169 residential units of which 45.02% share occupied residential units.

    11 minutes is the average time that residents in Nantucket County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    65.75% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.06% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.43% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Nantucket County, Massachusetts 24.48% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.29% are rented apartments, and the remaining 61.23% are vacant.

  • The 35.41% of the population in Nantucket County, Massachusetts who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 30.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 67.500%) of those eligible to vote in Nantucket County, Massachusetts.

Skyline of Nantucket County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Deer Run Golf Club

2305 W 2nd Ave, Indianola, IA 50125

Low Country Golf Course Owners

2 Corpus Christie Pl UNIT 23, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

Spooner Golf Club Maintenance

W6127 Fairway Dr, Spooner, WI 54801

Oak Hills Golf Club

7629 Fairfield Rd, Columbia, SC 29203

Landscape of Massachusetts