Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jackson County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Jackson County
      Zips: 
    49240
    49263
    49204
    49261
    49272
    49259
    49277
    49241
    49246
    49284
    49237
    49234
    49269
    49283
    49254
    49240
    49230
    49203
    49202
    49201
      Coordinates: 
    42.24848739867577, -84.42343726286785
      Area total: 
    723.49 sq. mi., 1873.84 sq. km, 463035.52 acres
      Area land: 
    701.88 sq. mi., 1817.86 sq. km, 449203.84 acres
      Area water: 
    21.61 sq. mi., 55.97 sq. km, 13831.68 acres
      Established: 
    1832
      Capital seat: 

    Jackson
    Address: 120 W Michigan Ave
    County Courthouse
    Jackson, MI 49201-1338
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jackson County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    160,366; Population change: 0.07% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    228 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,200
      Households: 
    60,625
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.00% per 74,075 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $5.68 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jackson County's population of Michigan of 92,304 residents in 1930 has increased 1,74-fold to 160,366 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.57% female residents and 51.43% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.99% in Jackson County, Michigan are married and the remaining 39.01% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.99% in Jackson County, Michigan are married and the remaining 39.01% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    69,025 residential units of which 90.64% share occupied residential units.

    25.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Jackson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.64% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.41% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.49% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.82% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jackson County, Michigan 69.75% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.57% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.68% are vacant.

  • The 33.88% of the population in Jackson County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.790%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.190%) of those eligible to vote in Jackson County, Michigan.

Skyline of Jackson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

GOLFTEC Rochester

1855 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14618

Red Sky Golf Club

376 Red Sky Rd, Wolcott, CO 81655

Hidden Hills Golf Club

4900 County Rd 16, Woodville, OH 43469

Joe Franz Golf Pro Inc

6100 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21212

Cherokee Country Club Golf Shp

5205 Lyons View Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919

Landscape of Michigan