Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

DeSoto County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    DeSoto County
      Zips: 
    38686
    38641
    38680
    38651
    38672
    38637
    38632
    38671
    38654
      Coordinates: 
    34.87535254464453, -89.99112352721804
      Area total: 
    496.98 sq. mi., 1287.18 sq. km, 318069.76 acres
      Area land: 
    476.31 sq. mi., 1233.64 sq. km, 304840.32 acres
      Area water: 
    20.67 sq. mi., 53.54 sq. km, 13229.44 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Hernando
    Address: 365 Losher St
    County Courthouse
    Hernando, MS 38632-2138
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • DeSoto County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    185,314; Population change: 14.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    389 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $58,446
      Households: 
    58,273
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.00% per 90,498 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $5.02 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • DeSoto County's population of Mississippi of 25,438 residents in 1930 has increased 7,28-fold to 185,314 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.46% female residents and 49.54% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.95% in DeSoto County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 35.05% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.95% in DeSoto County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 35.05% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    72,079 residential units of which 93.51% share occupied residential units.

    27.5 minutes is the average time that residents in DeSoto County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.95% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.84% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.26% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.17% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in DeSoto County, Mississippi 74.62% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.46% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.92% are vacant.

  • The 56.93% of the population in DeSoto County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 68.750%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.510%) of those eligible to vote in DeSoto County, Mississippi.

Skyline of DeSoto County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Sorrento Canyon Golf Center

5605 Carroll Canyon Rd, San Diego, CA 92121

Alta Vista Country Club

777 Alta Vista St, Placentia, CA 92870

Carroll Park Golf Course

2100 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21230

Golf Galaxy

1221 E 19th St, Upland, CA 91784

Edwin Watts Golf

13069 GA-9, Milton, GA 30004

Landscape of Mississippi