Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

George County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    George County
      Zips: 
    39452
      Coordinates: 
    30.862606901366753, -88.64403464114936
      Area total: 
    483.65 sq. mi., 1252.66 sq. km, 309537.92 acres
      Area land: 
    478.70 sq. mi., 1239.82 sq. km, 306365.44 acres
      Area water: 
    4.96 sq. mi., 12.84 sq. km, 3172.48 acres
      Established: 
    1811
      Capital seat: 

    Lucedale
    Address: 355 Cox St Ste D
    County Courthouse
    Lucedale, MS 39452-6514
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • George County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    24,350; Population change: 7.85% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    51 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,137
      Households: 
    7,930
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.10% per 9,013 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $402.04 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • George County's population of Mississippi of 7,523 residents in 1930 has increased 3,24-fold to 24,350 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.02% female residents and 50.98% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.52% in George County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 33.48% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.52% in George County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 33.48% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    10,280 residential units of which 86.73% share occupied residential units.

    38.7 minutes is the average time that residents in George County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.41% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 25.66% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.37% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in George County, Mississippi 80.36% are owner-occupied homes, another 12.86% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.77% are vacant.

  • The 74.01% of the population in George County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 82.490%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 16.410%) of those eligible to vote in George County, Mississippi.

Skyline of George County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Sale Golf Cars

538 Union Hill Rd, Amherst, VA 24521

Lucky Dog Enterprises

603 S Main St, Chesaning, MI 48616

Waialae Country Club

4997 Kahala Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816

Fujita Del-Marc Enterprises

1074 Mikole St # 2, Honolulu, HI 96819

Evergreens Golf

18 Western Reserve Trail, Queensbury, NY 12804

Landscape of Mississippi