Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lamar County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Lamar County
      Zips: 
    39404
    39455
    39482
    39475
    39402
      Coordinates: 
    31.206032992196608, -89.5086724796366
      Area total: 
    500.00 sq. mi., 1294.98 sq. km, 319996.80 acres
      Area land: 
    496.68 sq. mi., 1286.38 sq. km, 317872.00 acres
      Area water: 
    3.32 sq. mi., 8.60 sq. km, 2124.80 acres
      Established: 
    1904
      Capital seat: 

    Purvis
    Address: PO BOX 1240
    County Courthouse
    Purvis, MS 39475-1240
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lamar County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    64,222; Population change: 15.39% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    129 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,328
      Households: 
    18,674
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.00% per 30,544 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.48 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lamar County's population of Mississippi of 12,848 residents in 1930 has increased 5-fold to 64,222 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.33% female residents and 48.67% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.39% in Lamar County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 36.61% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.39% in Lamar County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 36.61% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    27,434 residential units of which 91.13% share occupied residential units.

    25.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Lamar County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.18% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.20% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.58% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.55% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lamar County, Mississippi 73.50% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.94% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.56% are vacant.

  • The 43.46% of the population in Lamar County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 77.360%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 21.580%) of those eligible to vote in Lamar County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Lamar County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Woodbridge Golf Club Maintenance

2800 Sachse Rd, Wylie, TX 75098

Adobe Dam Family Golf Center

3847 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Glendale, AZ 85310

Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club

23230 Meadowbrook Farms Club Dr, Katy, TX 77494

Ascension Golf Carts & Powersports

11025 Reiger Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Everett Golf & Country Club

1500 52nd St SE, Everett, WA 98203

Landscape of Mississippi