Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Buchanan County

  •   State: 
    Missouri
      County: 
    Buchanan County
      Zips: 
    64502
    64508
    64440
    64505
    64448
    64401
    64484
    64443
    64505
    64504
    64503
    64507
    64501
    64506
      Coordinates: 
    39.659740192753695, -94.80593606913212
      Area total: 
    415.18 sq. mi., 1075.30 sq. km, 265713.28 acres
      Area land: 
    408.24 sq. mi., 1057.35 sq. km, 261276.16 acres
      Area water: 
    6.93 sq. mi., 17.96 sq. km, 4437.12 acres
      Established: 
    1838
      Capital seat: 

    Saint Joseph
    Address: 411 Jules St
    County Courthouse
    Saint Joseph, MO 64501-1731
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Buchanan County, Missouri, United States

  •   Population: 
    84,793; Population change: -4.94% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    208 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,620
      Households: 
    34,177
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.90% per 43,827 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.48%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $4.73 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Buchanan County's population of Missouri of 98,633 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,86-fold to 84,793 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.40% female residents and 49.60% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.35% in Buchanan County, Missouri are married and the remaining 44.65% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.35% in Buchanan County, Missouri are married and the remaining 44.65% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    38,258 residential units of which 88.56% share occupied residential units.

    20.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Buchanan County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.00% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.39% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.73% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.40% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Buchanan County, Missouri 61.57% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.44% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.99% are vacant.

  • The 55.47% of the population in Buchanan County, Missouri who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.950%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.090%) of those eligible to vote in Buchanan County, Missouri.

Skyline of Buchanan County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Windsor Golf Club

1340 19th Hole Dr, Windsor, CA 95492

Moselem Springs Golf Club

684 Eagle Rd, Fleetwood, PA 19522

Wolf Laurel Country Club

2607 Wolf Laurel Rd, Mars Hill, NC 28754

Larry Rodgers Design

3333 S Wadsworth Blvd Suite D318, Lakewood, CO 80227

Johnson Auto Used Cars & New/Used Golf Carts

211 N Miami Ave, Marshall, MO 65340

Landscape of Missouri