Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Carteret County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Carteret County
      Zips: 
    28589
    28528
    28581
    28524
    28553
    28520
    28511
    28577
    28579
    28575
    28512
    28531
    28584
    28584
    28594
    28512
    28584
    28570
    28516
    28557
      Coordinates: 
    34.861259711226566, -76.53574315708646
      Area total: 
    1330.41 sq. mi., 3445.75 sq. km, 851463.68 acres
      Area land: 
    507.60 sq. mi., 1314.68 sq. km, 324865.92 acres
      Area water: 
    822.81 sq. mi., 2131.07 sq. km, 526597.76 acres
      Established: 
    1722
      Capital seat: 

    Beaufort
    Address: Courthouse Square
    County Courthouse
    Beaufort, NC
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Carteret County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    67,686; Population change: 1.83% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    133 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,678
      Households: 
    28,133
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 31,320 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $2.37 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Carteret County's population of North Carolina of 16,900 residents in 1930 has increased 4,01-fold to 67,686 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.36% female residents and 48.64% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.81% in Carteret County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.19% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.81% in Carteret County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.19% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    50,846 residential units of which 59.22% share occupied residential units.

    24.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Carteret County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.78% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.43% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.18% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Carteret County, North Carolina 46.48% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.45% are rented apartments, and the remaining 39.07% are vacant.

  • The 40.72% of the population in Carteret County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.860%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.170%) of those eligible to vote in Carteret County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Carteret County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Fulton Country Club

9307 State Line Rd, South Fulton, TN 38257

Final 9 Sports

5460 5th St, Rocklin, CA 95677

Sienna Golf Club & Grille

1 Waters Lake Blvd, Missouri City, TX 77459

Mac's Indoor Golf

3067 Graham Rd, Stow, OH 44224

Golf Car Connection

1746 State Hwy 87, Port Bolivar, TX 77650

Landscape of North Carolina