Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hyde County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Hyde County
      Zips: 
    27875
    27826
    27824
    27885
    27960
      Coordinates: 
    35.40811859149077, -76.14496517950849
      Area total: 
    1459.04 sq. mi., 3778.90 sq. km, 933785.60 acres
      Area land: 
    612.35 sq. mi., 1585.97 sq. km, 391900.80 acres
      Area water: 
    846.70 sq. mi., 2192.93 sq. km, 541884.80 acres
      Established: 
    1705
      Capital seat: 

    Swan Quarter
    Address: PO BOX 188
    County Courthouse
    Swan Quarter, NC 27885-0188
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Hyde County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    4,589; Population change: -21.02% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    7.49 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,391
      Households: 
    1,994
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.20% per 1,797 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $157.97 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hyde County's population of North Carolina of 8,550 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,54-fold to 4,589 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 45.53% female residents and 54.47% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.17% in Hyde County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 38.83% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.17% in Hyde County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 38.83% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,146 residential units of which 57.34% share occupied residential units.

    22.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Hyde County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.54% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.73% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.77% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.59% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hyde County, North Carolina 46.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 12.92% are rented apartments, and the remaining 40.44% are vacant.

  • The 30.42% of the population in Hyde County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.090%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.260%) of those eligible to vote in Hyde County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Hyde County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Grand View Golf Club

135 John St, Hortonville, WI 54944

Smith's Golf Cars

5680 State Farm Dr, Rohnert Park, CA 94928

B-More Buggies 4less, LLC Golf Carts

8202 Pulaski Hwy, Rosedale, MD 21237

Lucky Hills Golf Course

136 Warren Rd, Franklin, PA 16323

Myers Park Country Club

2415 Roswell Ave, Charlotte, NC 28209

Landscape of North Carolina