Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Mecklenburg County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Mecklenburg County
      Zips: 
    28232
    28254
    28266
    28297
    28265
    28220
    28221
    28228
    28235
    28237
    28288
    28201
    28222
    28224
    28230
    28231
    28233
    28256
    28035
    28271
    28126
    28274
    28106
    28299
    28285
    28241
    28287
    28130
    28070
    28247
    28255
    28282
    28284
    28223
    28281
    28244
    28280
    28246
    28278
    28227
    28036
    28214
    28270
    28215
    28227
    28212
    28207
    28134
    28213
    28206
    28209
    28216
    28226
    28269
    28204
    28262
    28210
    28031
    28208
    28211
    28205
    28273
    28105
    28078
    28217
    28202
    28203
    28277
      Coordinates: 
    35.24676701111942, -80.83273110829649
      Area total: 
    546.08 sq. mi., 1414.34 sq. km, 349490.56 acres
      Area land: 
    523.58 sq. mi., 1356.07 sq. km, 335091.84 acres
      Area water: 
    22.50 sq. mi., 58.27 sq. km, 14398.72 acres
      Established: 
    1762
      Capital seat: 

    Charlotte
    Address: 600 E 4Th St
    County Government Center
    Charlotte, NC 28202-2816
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,115,482; Population change: 21.30% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2,130 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $57,488
      Households: 
    359,335
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.80% per 617,543 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $98.07 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Mecklenburg County's population of North Carolina of 127,971 residents in 1930 has increased 8,72-fold to 1,115,482 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.92% female residents and 49.08% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.68% in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 42.32% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.68% in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 42.32% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    478,966 residential units of which 93.70% share occupied residential units.

    28.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Mecklenburg County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.19% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.85% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.14% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.55% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina 58.43% are owner-occupied homes, another 32.02% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.55% are vacant.

  • The 46.71% of the population in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 37.450%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 61.820%) of those eligible to vote in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Mecklenburg County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Ascension Golf Carts & Powersports

11025 Reiger Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Warfield Greens Golf Club

34255 Utica Rd, Fraser, MI 48026

Suncoast Golf Center

7741 15th St E, Sarasota, FL 34243

Club Champion Golf

6551 York Ave S, Edina, MN 55435

Mullen Golf Club

377 NE-2, Mullen, NE 69152

Landscape of North Carolina