Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Moore County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Moore County
      Zips: 
    28370
    28350
    27259
    28388
    27376
    27242
    28327
    27281
    28373
    28394
    27325
    27376
    28327
    28315
    28374
    28387
      Coordinates: 
    35.31065346934982, -79.48137474741556
      Area total: 
    705.68 sq. mi., 1827.70 sq. km, 451634.56 acres
      Area land: 
    697.68 sq. mi., 1806.97 sq. km, 446513.28 acres
      Area water: 
    8.00 sq. mi., 20.72 sq. km, 5121.28 acres
      Established: 
    1784
      Capital seat: 

    Carthage
    Address: PO BOX 905
    County Courthouse
    Carthage, NC 28327-0905
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Moore County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    99,727; Population change: 13.01% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    143 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $49,920
      Households: 
    36,176
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 40,734 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $3.22 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Moore County's population of North Carolina of 28,215 residents in 1930 has increased 3,53-fold to 99,727 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.05% female residents and 47.95% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.85% in Moore County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 34.15% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.85% in Moore County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 34.15% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    48,237 residential units of which 86.82% share occupied residential units.

    24.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Moore County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.24% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.32% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.08% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.27% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Moore County, North Carolina 68.66% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.07% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.26% are vacant.

  • The 39.78% of the population in Moore County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 60.260%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.880%) of those eligible to vote in Moore County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Moore County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Discovery Bay Golf Club

7401 Cape George Rd, Port Townsend, WA 98368

LSV Carts (Orange County)

3001 Kilson Dr, Santa Ana, CA 92707

Williams Sports Inc

16728 Gale Ave, City of Industry, CA 91745

Zeigler Cart Sales

1657 W Billy Farrow Hwy, Hartsville, SC 29550

Wildar Golf Carts and Trailers

3500 S US Hwy 1, Fort Pierce, FL 34982

Landscape of North Carolina