Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Berks County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Berks County
      Zips: 
    19603
    19519
    19511
    19603
    19535
    19523
    19516
    19564
    19606
    19538
    19548
    19544
    19559
    18056
    19612
    19550
    19536
    19545
    19554
    19605
    19541
    19503
    19534
    19529
    19562
    19539
    19504
    19555
    19609
    19609
    19505
    19507
    19567
    19510
    19551
    19565
    19547
    19608
    19506
    19560
    19607
    19543
    19533
    19540
    19611
    19611
    19604
    19610
    19608
    19518
    19602
    19607
    19522
    19526
    19508
    19530
    19512
    19606
    19605
    19610
    19601
      Coordinates: 
    40.416295604157526, -75.92599895506872
      Area total: 
    865.75 sq. mi., 2242.29 sq. km, 554082.56 acres
      Area land: 
    856.41 sq. mi., 2218.08 sq. km, 548099.84 acres
      Area water: 
    9.35 sq. mi., 24.21 sq. km, 5982.72 acres
      Established: 
    1751
      Capital seat: 

    Reading
    Address: 633 Court Street
    County Courthouse
    Reading, PA 19601-4310
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Berks County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    428,849; Population change: 4.23% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    501 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $53,533
      Households: 
    153,073
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.50% per 211,486 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.57%
      GDP: 
    $18.83 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Berks County's population of Pennsylvania of 231,717 residents in 1930 has increased 1,85-fold to 428,849 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.75% female residents and 49.25% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.95% in Berks County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 40.05% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.95% in Berks County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 40.05% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    170,742 residential units of which 94.58% share occupied residential units.

    24.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Berks County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.88% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.75% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.54% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.94% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Berks County, Pennsylvania 70.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.82% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.64% are vacant.

  • The 51.35% of the population in Berks County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.600%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.760%) of those eligible to vote in Berks County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Berks County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Rustic Driving Range and Mini Golf

5955 Terrace Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46203

ABL Golf Cars & Hydraulics

1110 Main St, Waterboro, ME 04087

Citrus Springs Golf and Country Club

8690 N Golfview Dr, Citrus Springs, FL 34434

Ashworth Inc

5545 Fermi Ct, Carlsbad, CA 92008

Dave Cooks PGA Golf Shop

150 E Avenida Magdalena, San Clemente, CA 92672

Landscape of Pennsylvania