Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Charleston County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Charleston County
      Zips: 
    29413
    29406
    29464
    29423
    29416
    29457
    29417
    29402
    29409
    29424
    29422
    29455
    29465
    29426
    29404
    29455
    29487
    29429
    29482
    29458
    29439
    29438
    29470
    29418
    29449
    29451
    29406
    29405
    29425
    29466
    29455
    29414
    29412
    29403
    29418
    29405
    29406
    29401
    29407
    29464
      Coordinates: 
    32.825048851059016, -79.89683134231673
      Area total: 
    1357.97 sq. mi., 3517.14 sq. km, 869103.36 acres
      Area land: 
    917.94 sq. mi., 2377.46 sq. km, 587484.16 acres
      Area water: 
    440.03 sq. mi., 1139.67 sq. km, 281619.20 acres
      Established: 
    1769
      Capital seat: 

    Charleston
    Address: 4045 Bridge View Dr.
    Suite 204
    North Charleston, SC
    Governing Body: County Council with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Charleston County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    408,235; Population change: 16.57% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    445 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,527
      Households: 
    143,878
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 211,939 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.50%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $28.74 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Charleston County's population of South Carolina of 100,521 residents in 1930 has increased 4,06-fold to 408,235 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.54% female residents and 48.46% male residents live in as of 2020, 52.33% in Charleston County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 47.67% are single population.

    As of 2020, 52.33% in Charleston County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 47.67% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    201,884 residential units of which 85.98% share occupied residential units.

    24.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Charleston County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.92% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.62% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.31% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.74% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Charleston County, South Carolina 52.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.78% are rented apartments, and the remaining 15.44% are vacant.

  • The 41.16% of the population in Charleston County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.210%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.550%) of those eligible to vote in Charleston County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Charleston County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Bentwood Golf Course

1370 Frazier Park Rd, Ulysses, KS 67880

Rocket Tour Golf

4944 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80301

Ruggles Ferry Golf Course

8530 N Ruggles Ferry Pike, Strawberry Plains, TN 37871

David Ogrin Golf Academy

1357 Wald Rd, New Braunfels, TX 78130

Chartiers Country Club

601 Baldwin Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205

Landscape of South Carolina