Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Shelby County

  •   State: 
    Tennessee
      County: 
    Shelby County
      Zips: 
    37501
    38148
    38161
    38173
    38181
    38186
    38190
    38193
    38014
    38124
    38130
    38136
    38167
    38168
    38174
    38175
    38029
    38177
    38083
    38014
    38184
    38163
    38088
    38183
    38187
    38017
    38027
    38101
    38054
    38016
    38018
    38113
    38152
    38131
    38135
    38135
    38138
    38002
    38157
    38132
    38139
    38137
    38126
    38107
    38108
    38141
    38133
    38105
    38002
    38114
    38127
    38134
    38106
    38109
    38122
    38112
    38125
    38053
    38128
    38133
    38016
    38111
    38120
    38018
    38115
    38116
    38134
    38117
    38104
    38017
    38138
    38118
    38119
    38103
      Coordinates: 
    35.18424653819399, -89.89406205157215
      Area total: 
    785.03 sq. mi., 2033.22 sq. km, 502420.48 acres
      Area land: 
    763.56 sq. mi., 1977.61 sq. km, 488678.40 acres
      Area water: 
    21.47 sq. mi., 55.61 sq. km, 13742.08 acres
      Established: 
    1819
      Capital seat: 

    Memphis
    Address: 814 Jefferson Ave.
    Memphis, TN 38103-1812
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 13 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Shelby County, Tennessee, United States

  •   Population: 
    929,744; Population change: 0.23% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,222 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,377
      Households: 
    347,961
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.70% per 447,769 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.25%
      GDP: 
    $57.89 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Shelby County's population of Tennessee of 306,482 residents in 1930 has increased 3,03-fold to 929,744 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.16% female residents and 47.84% male residents live in as of 2020, 52.05% in Shelby County, Tennessee are married and the remaining 47.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 52.05% in Shelby County, Tennessee are married and the remaining 47.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    400,189 residential units of which 91.11% share occupied residential units.

    25.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Shelby County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.80% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.49% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.83% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.32% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Shelby County, Tennessee 57.38% are owner-occupied homes, another 32.08% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.54% are vacant.

  • The 40.73% of the population in Shelby County, Tennessee who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 35.960%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.350%) of those eligible to vote in Shelby County, Tennessee.

Skyline of Shelby County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Valley View Golf Club

1511 George Rd NE, Lancaster, OH 43130

GOLFTEC Upland

316 S Mountain Ave, Upland, CA 91786

Kinsale Proshop

3737 Village Club Dr, Powell, OH 43065

Legacy Links

Fort Smith, AR 72916

Motor Head Mic's

336 N Maple St, Enfield, CT 06082

Landscape of Tennessee