Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Galveston County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Galveston County
      Zips: 
    77553
    77552
    77617
    77563
    77574
    77623
    77549
    77565
    77650
    77539
    77650
    77517
    77518
    77563
    77510
    77555
    77554
    77591
    77568
    77565
    77551
    77590
    77539
    77550
    77546
    77573
      Coordinates: 
    29.379985656762496, -94.86272150593011
      Area total: 
    873.80 sq. mi., 2263.13 sq. km, 559230.08 acres
      Area land: 
    378.90 sq. mi., 981.35 sq. km, 242496.64 acres
      Area water: 
    494.90 sq. mi., 1281.78 sq. km, 316733.44 acres
      Established: 
    1838
      Capital seat: 

    Galveston
    Address: 722 21St St
    County Courthouse
    Galveston, TX 77550-2317
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Galveston County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    350,682; Population change: 20.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    925 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $53,533
      Households: 
    111,647
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.70% per 164,608 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $15.76 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Galveston County's population of Texas of 64,401 residents in 1930 has increased 5,45-fold to 350,682 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.98% female residents and 49.02% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.31% in Galveston County, Texas are married and the remaining 39.69% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.31% in Galveston County, Texas are married and the remaining 39.69% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    156,191 residential units of which 85.04% share occupied residential units.

    28.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Galveston County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.64% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.00% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.28% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.63% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Galveston County, Texas 56.91% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.76% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.32% are vacant.

  • The 43.35% of the population in Galveston County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.290%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.810%) of those eligible to vote in Galveston County, Texas.

Skyline of Galveston County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

J & L Custom Golf

4578 S Harris Ave, Fresno, CA 93722

GOLFTEC Cherry Creek

3773 Cherry Creek Dr N #130, Denver, CO 80209

Bonaventure Discount Golf

603 NW Frontage Rd, Augusta, GA 30907

New Jersey National Golf Club

579 Allen Rd, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Diamond Tour Golf

202 Lucas St A, Sycamore, IL 60178

Landscape of Texas