Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

James City County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    James City County
      Zips: 
    23081
    23090
    23127
    23168
    23188
    23185
      Coordinates: 
    37.31333775331983, -76.77386705670419
      Area total: 
    179.14 sq. mi., 463.97 sq. km, 114649.60 acres
      Area land: 
    142.37 sq. mi., 368.72 sq. km, 91113.60 acres
      Area water: 
    36.78 sq. mi., 95.25 sq. km, 23536.00 acres
      Established: 
    1634
      Capital seat: 

    Williamsburg
    Address: PO BOX 8784
    County Administration Building
    Williamsburg, VA 23187-8784
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • James City County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    78,254; Population change: 16.78% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    550 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $72,579
      Households: 
    26,262
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.90% per 36,558 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $nan, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • James City County's population of Virginia of 2,900 residents in 1930 has increased 26,98-fold to 78,254 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.28% female residents and 48.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.18% in James City County, Virginia are married and the remaining 33.82% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.18% in James City County, Virginia are married and the remaining 33.82% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    33,993 residential units of which 93.04% share occupied residential units.

    26.5 minutes is the average time that residents in James City County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.70% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.86% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.83% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.69% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in James City County, Virginia 69.32% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.92% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.76% are vacant.

  • The 36.87% of the population in James City County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 44.950%) of those eligible to vote in James City County, Virginia.

Skyline of James City County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Tee To Green Golf Custom Club Fitting

10340 D'Iberville Blvd, D'Iberville, MS 39540

United Golf LLC

11 E 5th St, Tulsa, OK 74103

Cohasset Golf Club Maintenance Building

175 Cedar St, Cohasset, Massachusetts 02025

Nventix Golf LLC

2655 Villa Creek Dr # 107, Dallas, TX 75234

Four Oaks Country Club Golf Course & Pro Shop

1 Clubhouse Ln, Dracut, MA 01826

Landscape of Virginia