Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Harrison County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Harrison County
      Zips: 
    26302
    26301
    26408
    26422
    26438
    26306
    26361
    26366
    26568
    26369
    26448
    26404
    26451
    26301
    26323
    26386
    26301
    26408
    26385
    26426
    26431
    26330
    26301
      Coordinates: 
    39.28352956044192, -80.3798751018704
      Area total: 
    416.52 sq. mi., 1078.78 sq. km, 266571.52 acres
      Area land: 
    416.01 sq. mi., 1077.45 sq. km, 266245.12 acres
      Area water: 
    0.51 sq. mi., 1.32 sq. km, 326.40 acres
      Established: 
    1784
      Capital seat: 

    Clarksburg
    Address: 301 W Main St
    County Courthouse
    Clarksburg, WV 26301-2955
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Harrison County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    65,921; Population change: -4.60% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    158 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,772
      Households: 
    28,378
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 34,090 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $4.43 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Harrison County's population of West Virginia of 78,567 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,84-fold to 65,921 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.57% female residents and 48.43% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.22% in Harrison County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 40.78% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.22% in Harrison County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 40.78% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    30,480 residential units of which 89.76% share occupied residential units.

    23.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Harrison County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.33% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.65% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.49% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Harrison County, West Virginia 66.77% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.11% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.12% are vacant.

  • The 43.49% of the population in Harrison County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.920%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.610%) of those eligible to vote in Harrison County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Harrison County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Canterbury Woods Country Club

15 W Rd, Canterbury, NH 03224

Charleston Custom Golf Carts

2300 Clements Ferry Rd Unit 201, Charleston, SC 29492

Wedgewood Golf Club

5206 Tournament Dr, Olive Branch, MS 38654

St Germain Golf Club

9041 WI-70, St Germain, WI 54558

Twin Lakes Golf Course

241 Twin Lakes Rd, North Branford, CT 06471

Landscape of West Virginia