Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Marshall County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Marshall County
      Zips: 
    26036
    26039
    26055
    26040
    26033
    26031
    26038
    26041
      Coordinates: 
    39.86061264626334, -80.66338648198756
      Area total: 
    312.15 sq. mi., 808.47 sq. km, 199778.56 acres
      Area land: 
    305.43 sq. mi., 791.06 sq. km, 195475.84 acres
      Area water: 
    6.72 sq. mi., 17.41 sq. km, 4302.72 acres
      Established: 
    1835
      Capital seat: 

    Moundsville
    Address: PO BOX B
    Moundsville, WV 26041-0952
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Marshall County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    30,591; Population change: -7.60% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    100 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,409
      Households: 
    13,453
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.90% per 13,610 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $2.69 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Marshall County's population of West Virginia of 39,831 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,77-fold to 30,591 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.98% female residents and 49.02% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.37% in Marshall County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 39.63% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.37% in Marshall County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 39.63% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    14,728 residential units of which 87.86% share occupied residential units.

    28 minutes is the average time that residents in Marshall County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.42% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.86% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.28% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.45% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Marshall County, West Virginia 66.86% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.70% are rented apartments, and the remaining 14.44% are vacant.

  • The 46.76% of the population in Marshall County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.420%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.830%) of those eligible to vote in Marshall County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Marshall County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2413 Companies
944 Counties
1757 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Club Car Of Sun City (Formerly Ray's Golf Carts)

1651 Sun City Center Plaza, Sun City Center, FL 33573

J.W. Turf

14N937 US-20, Hampshire, IL 60140

Golf World 29 West

6 N Milton Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Northwest Yamaha Golf Cars

1106 Center St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Golf USA

1850 McCulloch Blvd N APT C2, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Other Companies

Caddy Shack Carts

158 Heritage Pkwy, Broussard, LA 70518

Bull Run Golf Club

15000 Bull Run Estates Dr, Haymarket, VA 20169

Four Streams LLC

19501 Darnestown Rd, Beallsville, MD 20839

Buffalo Ridge Disc Golf Course

19250 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85024

Sawmill Golf Club

11177 McKusick Rd N, Stillwater, MN 55082

Landscape of West Virginia